Preparation for joining Recruitment Talk
Recruitment talk provides you with a direct chance to meet with prospective employers. Remember that you are there to make a good impression to the company representatives as well as to obtain recruitment information
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of the talk.
Preparing for the talk
Spend some time researching the company and review your needs and expectation of the recruitment talks.
- How to describe yourself
- Your career goals
- Why this company appeals to you
- The questions you would like to ask during the talk
Before the talk
- If you have registered but are unable to attend that day, please inform the Career Planning & Development of SAO in advance. This reflects responsibility and professionalism desired by employers.
- Be punctual and arrive early for you so you can talk with the company representatives.
- Dress in smart causal or even formal wear to show that you are talking both the talk and the speaker seriously.
- Ensure your mobile phone is on silent.
- Try to sit close to the speaker to show your enthusiasm.
- Stay for the whole talk. If you have to leave early, sit at the back and leave quietly.
During the talk
- Be professional and attentive at all times.
- Do not talk to fellow students when the speaker is presenting or talking.
- Try to ask good questions in a professional way. Remember to introduce yourself (name and programme), address your question to the appropriate speaker and thank the speaker at the end.
After the talk
- It is a good idea to stay behind to ask employer questions. Remember to introduce yourself and thank the speaker at the end.
- You may ask for business cards from the speakers in a polite manner.