Career Leap Club
An all-in-one professional platform to support your future career pursuits!
What is Career Leap Club?
CLC is a two-year career enhancement programme that welcomes application from Year 3 students at the beginning of each academic year.
Full-time HSU undergraduate student in Year 3 from all disciplines with CGPA 3.0 or above are welcome.
A wide array of activities will be arranged for CLC students during the two-year programmes. Some examples are as follows:
Examples of activities in the 2-year programme
- Each student will be matched with a CLC industry advisor, who are all experienced business professionals from different industries. Please click HERE to view the list.
build bonding and confidence
- Psychometric test, e.g. MBTI
- Team building activities
- Sharing by CLC alumni
Job search skills
- Individual advice on CV/ cover letter
- Mock Interview/ Assessment Centre practices
- Training on Business Etiquette and Professional image
- Training on impromptu talk and public speaking
- Downtown social gathering with business professionals
- Networking opportunities with CLC advisors/ industry players
- Company visits
As a CLC member, you can:
- get connected with business professionals and gain personal advice from designated industry advisor;
- understand more about your career orientation by taking psychometric tests;
- get to know seasoned professionals who could help to enhance your workplace skills and personal qualities;
- join grooming workshops and firm visits;
- participate in mock practices in preparation of job screening exercise;
- meet friends who share your career pursuits and grow together;
- grasp opportunities to organize business events;
- attend seminars (some are exclusive to CLC members) to gain in-depth understanding of various business sectors;
- engage in various experiential learning activities;
- and many more! :)
Now – 23 Sep 2018
(deadline extended to 1 Oct)
Interested students are highly encouraged to attend one of our two briefing sessions, details are as follows:
Please register for either session HERE.
|3 – 5 Oct 2018||
|Nov 2018 – Jun 2020||
The 2-year Programme kicks off in Nov 2018
Roles and Responsibilities of CLC members
CLC members are required to demonstrate their commitment to the programme by the following:
- Submit a quarterly reflective report on 31 Mar, 30 Jun, 30 Sep and 31 Dec of each year.
- Meet with the industry advisors for at least 4 times a year.
- Attend at least 3 CLC non-compulsory activities each year (e.g. get-together with industry executives, training workshops, firm visit, etc.)
- Attend ALL compulsory activities* (e.g. kick-off gathering, end of year gathering)
*Note: There are around 2 – 4 compulsory activities each year.
Award and Recognition
For students who stay consistently committed to the program throughout its duration, the following recognition and award will be given:
1) A Certificate of programme completion
2) A Recommendation Letter issued by the Career Planning and Development team of SAO for those who receive excellent reviews or recommendations from industry advisors and/ or organizing committee of the CLC.
3) “The Highest Participation Award” to the top 5 students with the highest attendance rate
How to apply?
Please complete the online application form (LINK HERE) latest by 1 Oct 2018 (Mon), HKT 23:59. Please note that you will also need to submit the following two documents via the online form:
1. Your Resume in MS word/ pdf format.
*please save the file as “Your name_resume” (e.g. Chan Tai Man_resume) and upload it according to the instructions stated on the application form.
2. Write on the topic “What are your career aspirations and why do you want to join the Career Leap Club?” in around 400 words in English and save your essay in a MS word file.
*please save the file as “Your name_essay” (e.g. Chan Tai Man_essay) and upload it according to the instructions stated on the application form.
Shortlisted students will be invited to attend a group interview session.
Ms. Sharon Tse, T: 3963 5097, E: firstname.lastname@example.org